"Remember me" settings
17. Enable "Remember me" feature checkbox. This option will allow end-users to use “Remember me” feature on Login Screen and ignore Second Factor Authentication.
Please note: This feature will be useful if during the day you often log out and log in to Confluence, but you have to make sure that using this feature complies with the security requirements in your company.
18. Set the desired session expiry in hours (max number is 336 hours).
“Brute Force” settings
19. Enable Brute Force Protection. This will lock out a user for a specified amount of time if that user generates the specified number of login failures.
20. Number of Attempts - specified number of login failures after which the user will be locked out.
21. Lockout Period - a specific amount of time during which the user will be locked out.
22. Reset to defaults. This action will restore plugin settings to defaults and delete users' authentication settings.
23. Mark the checkbox Enable U2F devices to turn on the U2F device for login.
24. Mark the checkbox Enable Duo Security Support to enable support for Duo Authenticator.
Note: Enabling DUO support allows users to successfully apply valid TOTP code from the DUO mobile app and avoid ‘Authentication failed’ message.
25. Mark the checkbox Enable OAuth whitelist to allow execute requests using OAuth and ignore Second Factor Authentication.
26. Click the Save button to save the configuration.